GRAN SABANA 4 DAYS/ 3 NIGHTS From and to Pto. Ordaz.
Day 1 Welcome and assistance by our guide in Pto. Ordaz. After you will head for Gran Sabana. Passing through the little villages on the way, Upata (founded 1762), Guasipati (1757), El Callao (1853), and Tumeremo (1788), Cuyuni River, Las Claritas, Dinner, overnight in Las Claritas.
Day 2 Breakfast very early, then we will continue to Gran Sabana, you will stop at the Venano River to take a look at the 3 water falls, after we will visit the area of giant Bromelias, these plants grow up to 3 mts. high, then we will visit the rapids of Kamoiran , there we will take a break to observe the rapids and the principal tepuys such as Tramen, Karaurin, Illu, Wadaka-piapo, Ivarkarima, the next stop will be in Kawi Falls to swim, after we will continue visiting Kama Meru Falls, the curtain of Yuruani there you can enjoy swimming, lunch served along the Soruape river.
From there we continue until Santa Elena de Uairen until Pacaraima on the border with Brazil, here you will have free activity for 1 hour to visit the little shops to do some shopping, Back to Santa Elena de Uairen, dinner and overnight in beds.
Day 3 Breakfast. In Gran Sabana we will visit La Quebrada de Jaspe, then arrive at the Indian village called San Francisco de Yuruani, there we will take a walk through the village and look at their hand crafts, we will continue our walk until the village of Iboribo, take a bath in Aponwao river, later we will take an Indian canoe to navegate the Aponwao river for 20 min. We will stop to take 1:15 min walk to Playa Escondida there you can also take a bath and observe the flora and the fauna of this area where you can also see the insects eating plants Droseras y heliámphora, we will keep walking until Aponwao falls (105mts high), on our way back we will visit the village and back to the canoe for 25 min aprox. After we will continue until La Gran Sabana. Dinner and Sleep in Chivaton Camp in beds.
Day 4 Breakfast , here we will continue our trip back to Ciudad Bolívar and stop at the monument of the Pioneer Soldier, Salto El Danto, Piedra la Virgen and have lunch in a little village of Tumeremo, after our activity we continue to PTO. Ordaz.
Important: YELLOW FEVER CARD .
It is important to us to know where do you want to go after the expeditions.
Note: Expeditions starts in Pto Ordaz.
Our Fares Include:
- Land transportation (4X4)
- Flight Santa Elena – Canaima - Ciudad Bolívar.
- Assistance at the airports.
- Transfer Ciudad Bolívar – Boca de Uracoa
- First aid.
- Specialized Bilingual Guides for the expedition.
- All Meals (lunch, dinner, breakfast).
- Lodging in beds, hammocks and camping.
- Mineral Water and cool drinks.
- Passenger insurance.
- Visits and excursion as in our programs, camping Equipment.
- Transfer Caracas – Puerto Ordaz.
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day.
- Alcoholic drinks
- Sleeping bag
- Luggage carrier ( that can be hired if you need one).
- Entrance fare to Canaima National Park ( Bs. 8.000,00)
- Airport tax.
What to bring:
- Sleeping Bag
- Comfortable boots
- Medication (if you are allergic)
- Long sleeves shirt and long pants
- Mosquito repellent and sun block
- Sweater, jacket, gloves, hat for the night (very cold in the tepuyes)
- Rain coat
- Swimming suit
- Flash light
- Films for the camera.
For comfort and better enjoying we recommend 12 Kg for luggage maximum. You can hire a luggage carrier to take your luggage during the walk.